Terms Used In Louisiana Revised Statutes 39:17.1
- Agency: means any state office, department, board, commission, institution, division, officer or other person, or functional group, heretofore existing or hereafter created, that is authorized to exercise, or that does exercise, any functions of the government of the state in the executive branch, but not any governing body or officer of any local government or subdivision of the state, or any parochial officer who exercises functions coterminous with the municipality in which he performs those functions. See Louisiana Revised Statutes 39:2
- Credential: means any document, certificate, identification, license, permit, or card indicating the user's status, right, privilege, classification, permission, entitlement, authority, or coverage. See Louisiana Revised Statutes 39:17.1
- Current status: includes but is not limited to valid, expired, cancelled, suspended, disqualified, active, inactive, member, nonmember, eligible, or ineligible. See Louisiana Revised Statutes 39:17.1
- Entitlement: A Federal program or provision of law that requires payments to any person or unit of government that meets the eligibility criteria established by law. Entitlements constitute a binding obligation on the part of the Federal Government, and eligible recipients have legal recourse if the obligation is not fulfilled. Social Security and veterans' compensation and pensions are examples of entitlement programs.
As used in this Subpart, the following terms shall have the meanings ascribed as follows:
(1) “Credential” means any document, certificate, identification, license, permit, or card indicating the user’s status, right, privilege, classification, permission, entitlement, authority, or coverage.
(2) “Current status” includes but is not limited to valid, expired, cancelled, suspended, disqualified, active, inactive, member, nonmember, eligible, or ineligible.
(3) “Digitized credential” means a credential relayed in a data file available on any mobile device which has connectivity to the internet through an application that allows the mobile device to download the data file from the department, office, agency, company, division, university, school, board, commission, or other applicable entity and contains all of the data elements visible on the face and back of the credential, and also displays the current status of the credential.
(4) “Electronic wallet” refers to an electronic or online service or application that allows an individual to store credentials in order to access the credentials from a mobile device.
Acts 2019, No. 220, §1, eff. June 11, 2019.