Terms Used In Louisiana Revised Statutes 9:3577.2
- Commissioner: means the commissioner of financial institutions. See Louisiana Revised Statutes 9:3516
- Credit card: means any card, plate, coupon book, or other single credit device that may be used from time to time to obtain credit. See Louisiana Revised Statutes 9:3516
- Person: as used in this Chapter means an individual or corporation, partnership, trust, association, joint venture pool, syndicate, sole proprietorship, unincorporated organization, or any other form of entity not specifically listed herein. See Louisiana Revised Statutes 9:3516
The following words and phrases when used in this Part shall have the meanings ascribed to them below:
(1) “College campus” means the premises and grounds of an institution of postsecondary education.
(2) “Commissioner” means the commissioner of financial institutions.
(3) “Credit card” means a writing, number, or other evidence of an undertaking to pay for property or services delivered or rendered to or upon the order of a designated person or bearer.
(4) “Institution of postsecondary education” means any institution under the management of the Board of Supervisors for the University of Louisiana System, the Board of Supervisors of Louisiana State University and Agricultural and Mechanical College, the Board of Supervisors of Southern University and Agricultural and Mechanical College, and the Board of Supervisors of Community and Technical Colleges or any private or accredited college in the state.
(5) “Solicitation” means an act of asking, enticing, or requesting a student to read, review, or consider materials relating to an application for a credit card or to complete an application for a credit card.
(6) “Student” means a person who is under twenty-one years of age and who attends an institution of postsecondary education, whether enrolled on a full-time or part-time basis.
Acts 1999, No. 1110, §1.