Terms Used In Louisiana Revised Statutes > Title 38 > Chapter 13-B
- Applicant: means a person who has submitted an application to the division seeking a license or permit, or the renewal thereof. See Louisiana Revised Statutes 27:44
- Application: means the forms and schedules prescribed by the division upon which an applicant seeks a license or permit or the renewal thereof. See Louisiana Revised Statutes 27:44
- Department: means the department of city civil service, including both the commission and the director. See Louisiana Revised Statutes 33:2393
- Designated gaming area: means that portion of a riverboat in which gaming activities may be conducted. See Louisiana Revised Statutes 27:44
- Employee: means a person legally occupying a position. See Louisiana Revised Statutes 33:2393
- Fire employee: includes any person employed in the fire department of any municipality, parish, or fire protection district maintaining a full-time regularly paid fire department, regardless of the specific duties of such person within the fire department, and who is under investigation with a view to possible disciplinary action, demotion, or dismissal. See Louisiana Revised Statutes 33:2181
- gaming equipment: means any equipment or mechanical, electro-mechanical, or electronic contrivance, component, or machine, including a slot machine, used directly or indirectly in connection with gaming or any game, which affects the result of a wager by determining wins or losses. See Louisiana Revised Statutes 27:44
- gaming operations: means the use, operation, or conducting of any game or gaming device upon a riverboat including all activities related to and integral to the operation and profitability of a riverboat, including accounting procedures and internal controls governing the licensee's operations. See Louisiana Revised Statutes 27:44
- Interrogatories: Written questions asked by one party of an opposing party, who must answer them in writing under oath; a discovery device in a lawsuit.
- licensee: means any person holding or applying for a gaming license to conduct gaming activities. See Louisiana Revised Statutes 27:44
- Oath: A promise to tell the truth.
- Oversight: Committee review of the activities of a Federal agency or program.
- Racehorse wagering: means wagers placed on horse racing conducted under the pari-mutuel form of wagering at licensed racing facilities that is accepted by a licensed racehorse wagering operator under the provisions of this Chapter. See Louisiana Revised Statutes 27:44
- Riverboat: means a vessel or facility which:
(a) Carries a valid Certificate of Inspection issued by the United States Coast Guard with regard to the carriage of passengers on designated rivers or waterways within or contiguous to the boundaries of the state of Louisiana. See Louisiana Revised Statutes 27:44
- Supervisor: means the person in charge of the division. See Louisiana Revised Statutes 27:44