|§ 9:2011||General rule|
|§ 9:2012||Provisional principal beneficiaries|
|§ 9:2013||Settlor as default principal beneficiary|
|§ 9:2014||Number of settlors allowed|
Terms Used In Louisiana Revised Statutes > Title 9 > CODE TITLE II > Chapter 1 > Part III > Subpart E - Deferred Ascertainment of Principal Beneficiaries of Revocable Trusts
- Airport authority: means the owner of any airport or landing field, or the governing authority of any airport district. See Louisiana Revised Statutes 2:801
- Annuity: A periodic (usually annual) payment of a fixed sum of money for either the life of the recipient or for a fixed number of years. A series of payments under a contract from an insurance company, a trust company, or an individual. Annuity payments are made at regular intervals over a period of more than one full year.
- Appropriation: The provision of funds, through an annual appropriations act or a permanent law, for federal agencies to make payments out of the Treasury for specified purposes. The formal federal spending process consists of two sequential steps: authorization
- Beneficiary: A person who is entitled to receive the benefits or proceeds of a will, trust, insurance policy, retirement plan, annuity, or other contract. Source: OCC
- Board: shall mean the Retirement Board of the City of Bogalusa Retirement System. See Louisiana Revised Statutes 11:3033
- City: shall mean the city of Bogalusa, Louisiana. See Louisiana Revised Statutes 11:3033
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Council: shall mean the City Commission Council of Bogalusa, Louisiana. See Louisiana Revised Statutes 11:3033
- Department: means the Department of Transportation and Development. See Louisiana Revised Statutes 2:801
- Department: means the Department of Agriculture and Forestry. See Louisiana Revised Statutes 3:1
- Effective date: shall mean July 1, 1953. See Louisiana Revised Statutes 11:3033
- Employee: shall mean any appointive officer or employee of the city now or hereafter employed by the city, whose services are compensated by the city in whole or in part, who is not covered by any existing pension fund maintained by the city. See Louisiana Revised Statutes 11:3033
- Ex officio: Literally, by virtue of one's office.
- Fiscal year: The fiscal year is the accounting period for the government. For the federal government, this begins on October 1 and ends on September 30. The fiscal year is designated by the calendar year in which it ends; for example, fiscal year 2006 begins on October 1, 2005 and ends on September 30, 2006.
- Member: shall mean any employee included in the membership of the system. See Louisiana Revised Statutes 11:3033
- person: includes a body of persons, whether incorporated or not. See Louisiana Revised Statutes 1:10
- Revocable trust: A trust agreement that can be canceled, rescinded, revoked, or repealed by the grantor (person who establishes the trust).
- Salary: shall mean the amount of compensation earned by a member as an employee of the city. See Louisiana Revised Statutes 11:3033
- System: shall mean the City of Bogalusa Retirement System. See Louisiana Revised Statutes 11:3033
- Testimony: Evidence presented orally by witnesses during trials or before grand juries.
- Timberland: as used in this Part , means bona fide timberland being assessed at its use value as defined and determined pursuant to R. See Louisiana Revised Statutes 3:4321
- Total service: shall mean service rendered before the operative date of the system, and subsequent thereto. See Louisiana Revised Statutes 11:3033