[PL 2019, c. 192, §1 (AMD).]
Terms Used In Maine Revised Statutes Title 22 Sec. 1471-B
- Board: means the Board of Pesticides Control as established in section 1471-B. See Maine Revised Statutes Title 22 Sec. 1471-C
- Commercial applicator: means any person, whether or not the person is a private applicator with respect to some uses, who uses or supervises the use of any limited or restricted-use pesticides on any property other than as provided by subsection 22, or who uses general-use pesticides in custom application on such property. See Maine Revised Statutes Title 22 Sec. 1471-C
- Commissioner: means the Commissioner of Health and Human Services. See Maine Revised Statutes Title 22 Sec. 1-A
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.
- Majority: when used in reference to age shall mean the age of 18 and over. See Maine Revised Statutes Title 1 Sec. 72
- Person: means any individual, partnership, association, fiduciary, corporation, governmental entity or any organized group of persons whether incorporated or not. See Maine Revised Statutes Title 22 Sec. 1471-C
- pest: means any insect, rodent, nematode, fungus, weed, or any other form of terrestrial or aquatic plant or animal life or virus, bacteria or other micro-organism, except viruses, bacteria or other micro-organisms on or in living man or other living animals, which the commissioner declares to be a pest. See Maine Revised Statutes Title 22 Sec. 1471-C
- Quorum: The number of legislators that must be present to do business.
- Remainder: An interest in property that takes effect in the future at a specified time or after the occurrence of some event, such as the death of a life tenant.
- Year: means a calendar year, unless otherwise expressed. See Maine Revised Statutes Title 1 Sec. 72
[PL 1989, c. 841, §4 (AMD).]
[PL 1983, c. 812, §120 (RPR).]
[PL 1979, c. 644, §3 (NEW).]
[PL 1989, c. 841, §5 (AMD); PL 2011, c. 657, Pt. W, §6 (REV).]
[PL 1981, c. 112, §1 (RP).]
[PL 2007, c. 466, Pt. A, §40 (RPR).]
[PL 1989, c. 841, §6 (NEW).]