A certificate of each live birth that occurs in this State must be filed with the clerk of the municipality in which the live birth occurred or with the state registrar within a reasonable period of time as specified by department rules and must be registered if the certificate has been completed and filed in accordance with this section. [2009, c. 601, §16 (AMD).]
Terms Used In Maine Revised Statutes Title 22 Sec. 2761
- Department: means the Department of Health and Human Services. See Maine Revised Statutes Title 22 Sec. 1-A
- in writing: include printing and other modes of making legible words. See Maine Revised Statutes Title 15 Sec. 225
- Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.
- Municipality: includes cities, towns and plantations, except that "municipality" does not include plantations in Title 10, chapter 110, subchapter IV; or Title 30-A, Part 2. See Maine Revised Statutes Title 15 Sec. 225
- United States: includes territories and the District of Columbia. See Maine Revised Statutes Title 15 Sec. 225