|Chapter 1||General Provisions|
|Chapter 2||Certification of Births|
|Chapter 3||Certificates of Death and Stillbirth; Burial Permits|
|Chapter 4||Medical Data Regarding Cause of Death|
Terms Used In Indiana Code > Title 16 > Article 37
- Affidavit: A written statement of facts confirmed by the oath of the party making it, before a notary or officer having authority to administer oaths.
- Damages: Money paid by defendants to successful plaintiffs in civil cases to compensate the plaintiffs for their injuries.
- dead body: means a lifeless human body or parts or bones of the human body from the condition of which it reasonably may be concluded that death recently occurred. See Indiana Code 16-37-3-1
- division: refers to the division of historic preservation and archeology of the department of natural resources established by Indiana Code 4-4-37-1.3
- Felony: A crime carrying a penalty of more than a year in prison.
- Fraud: Intentional deception resulting in injury to another.
- Judgment: means all final orders, decrees, and determinations in an action and all orders upon which executions may issue. See Indiana Code 1-1-4-5
- office: refers to the office of community and rural affairs established by Indiana Code 4-4-37-2
- office: refers to the office of community and rural affairs established by Indiana Code 4-4-38-1
- person: means any individual, partnership, firm, association, joint venture, limited liability company, or corporation. See Indiana Code 4-4-37-3
- person in charge of interment: means a person who places or causes to be placed a stillborn child or dead body or the ashes, after cremation, in a grave, vault, urn, or other receptacle, or otherwise disposes of the body or ashes. See Indiana Code 16-37-3-2
- preservation: means the application of measures to sustain the form, integrity, and material of:
Indiana Code 4-4-37-4
- qualified expenditures: means expenditures for preservation or rehabilitation that are chargeable to a capital account and limited for a project to the exterior of a building. See Indiana Code 4-4-37-5
- rehabilitation: means the process of returning a property to a state of utility through repair or alteration that makes possible an efficient contemporary use while preserving the parts or features of the property that are significant to the historical or architectural values of the property. See Indiana Code 4-4-37-6
- Subpoena: A command to a witness to appear and give testimony.
- United States: includes the District of Columbia and the commonwealths, possessions, states in free association with the United States, and the territories. See Indiana Code 1-1-4-5