Whoever assumes the custody of a child of unknown parentage shall immediately report to the Office of Data, Research and Vital Statistics in writing: [PL 2011, c. 511, §6 (AMD).]
1. Date and place of finding. The date and place of finding or assumption of custody;
Terms Used In Maine Revised Statutes Title 22 Sec. 2763
- in writing: include printing and other modes of making legible words. See Maine Revised Statutes Title 1 Sec. 72
2. Sex, color, age. Sex; color or race; and approximate age of child;
3. Name and address of custodian. Name and address of the person or institution with whom the child has been placed for care;
4. Name. Name given to the child by the finder or custodian.
The place where the child was found or custody assumed shall be known as the place of birth and the date of birth shall be determined by approximation. The report shall constitute the certificate of birth. If the child is thereafter identified, the record of birth made in compliance herewith and any certificate issued thereon shall be null and void and so recorded.
PL 2011, c. 511, §6 (AMD).