Section 22. Such action may be brought by a person who is next of kin to recover his share of the personal property after a decree of the probate court ascertaining the amount due him, if the executor or assets of the estate, pay debts, and distribute residue to those entitled to it.”>administrator neglects upon demand to pay it.

Terms Used In Massachusetts General Laws ch. 205 sec. 22

  • assets: (1) The property comprising the estate of a deceased person, or (2) the property in a trust account.
  • executor: A male person named in a will to carry out the decedent
  • personal property: All property that is not real property.
  • probate: Proving a will