(1) The department shall prepare and maintain a list of qualified foresters in the state.
(2) An individual who wishes to be included on the list of qualified foresters shall submit a registration to the department on a form prepared by the department. The registration form shall include all of the following:
Terms Used In Michigan Laws 324.51306
- Department: means the department of agriculture and rural development. See Michigan Laws 324.51301
- in writing: shall be construed to include printing, engraving, and lithographing; except that if the written signature of a person is required by law, the signature shall be the proper handwriting of the person or, if the person is unable to write, the person's proper mark, which may be, unless otherwise expressly prohibited by law, a clear and classifiable fingerprint of the person made with ink or another substance. See Michigan Laws 8.3q
- Qualified forester: means that term as it is defined in section 7jj of the general property tax act, 1893 PA 206, MCL 211. See Michigan Laws 324.51301
- state: when applied to the different parts of the United States, shall be construed to extend to and include the District of Columbia and the several territories belonging to the United States; and the words "United States" shall be construed to include the district and territories. See Michigan Laws 8.3o
(a) The category of qualified forester for which the individual meets the necessary requirements.
(b) The continuing education required for the individual to maintain his or her status as a qualified forester, including the date on which the continuing education is required to be completed.
(c) A place for an individual to certify with his or her signature that he or she meets the requirements of a qualified forester and is current with any continuing education that is required.
(d) A place to designate whether the individual is submitting a new registration or a renewal of registration.
(3) An individual may update his or her registration at any time by submitting a renewal of registration.
(4) An individual who no longer meets the requirements to be considered a qualified forester shall notify the department in writing, and the department shall remove the individual from the list of qualified foresters.
(5) The department shall publish the list of qualified foresters on the department’s website.