Terms Used In Michigan Laws 432.105d
- Qualified organization: means , subject to subdivision (h), either of the following:
(i) A bona fide religious, educational, service, senior citizens, fraternal, or veterans' organization that operates without profit to its members and that either has been in existence continuously as an organization for a period of 5 years or is exempt from taxation under section 501(c) of the internal revenue code of 1986, 26 USC 501. See Michigan Laws 432.103
(1) A qualified organization may apply for an unlimited number of small and large raffle licenses.
(2) Only 1 small raffle license may be issued for a location each day.
(3) All drawing locations shall be the same if a small raffle license is issued for more than 1 date.
(4) A qualified organization is excused from the requirements of obtaining a license under this act if the qualified organization is sponsoring a single gathering and conducts a raffle before which there is no presale of tickets and the total aggregate retail value of the prize or prizes to be awarded that day is $100.00 or less.