(1) If the director decides to release specified information under section 7d, the department shall give each notice required under section 7f to each of the following:
(a) Each individual named in the report as a perpetrator or an alleged perpetrator of the child‘s abuse or neglect, unless the individual named in the report has been convicted of a crime relating to the abuse or neglect, and no appeal is pending.
Terms Used In Michigan Laws 722.627g
- Attorney: means , if appointed to represent a child under the provisions referenced in section 10, an attorney serving as the child's legal advocate in the manner defined and described in section 13a of chapter XIIA of the probate code of 1939, 1939 PA 288, MCL 712A. See Michigan Laws 722.622
- Child: means a person under 18 years of age. See Michigan Laws 722.622
- Child abuse: means harm or threatened harm to a child's health or welfare that occurs through nonaccidental physical or mental injury, sexual abuse, sexual exploitation, or maltreatment, by a parent, a legal guardian, or any other person responsible for the child's health or welfare or by a teacher, a teacher's aide, or a member of the clergy. See Michigan Laws 722.622
- Department: means the department of health and human services. See Michigan Laws 722.622
- Director: means the director of the department. See Michigan Laws 722.622
- person: may extend and be applied to bodies politic and corporate, as well as to individuals. See Michigan Laws 324.30503
- Specified information: means information in a children's protective services case record related specifically to the department's actions in responding to a complaint of child abuse or child neglect. See Michigan Laws 722.622
(b) Each parent or legal guardian of the child.
(c) Each attorney representing the child who is the subject of the case, or representing an individual listed in subdivision (a) or (b), if the department has notice of that representation.
(d) The child’s guardian ad litem.
(2) If the director denies a request for release of information under section 7d, the department shall notify only the requesting person.
(3) If an individual required to be notified under subsection (1)(a) is named as a perpetrator of child abuse or neglect in a report that contains specified information requested to be released, and that individual was not previously notified under section 7(4), the department shall notify that individual as required by section 7(4) not less than 14 days before the specified information is released. If an individual who is required to be notified under this subsection requests expunction of the record within 14 days after the notice is given, the specified information shall not be released under this section until the procedures governing expunction under section 7 are completed. If an individual who is required to be notified under this subsection does not request expunction within 14 days, the procedures for release of specified information under sections 7c to 7i shall be followed, and the individual does not have a right to appeal the decision to release.