|§ 324.99909||Transfer of powers and duties of agriculture and rural communities roundtable to department of environmental quality by type III transfer; abolishment of agriculture and rural communities roundtable|
Terms Used In Michigan Laws > Chapter 324 > E.R.O. No. 2007-9
- Affiliate: means any company that controls, is controlled by, or is under common control with another company. See Michigan Laws 500.503
- Consumer: includes , but is not limited to, all of the following:
(A) An individual who provides nonpublic personal information to a licensee in connection with obtaining or seeking to obtain financial, investment, or economic advisory services relating to an insurance product or service. See Michigan Laws 500.503
- Customer: means a consumer who has a customer relationship with a licensee. See Michigan Laws 500.503
- Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.
- Licensee: means a licensed insurer or producer, and other persons licensed or required to be licensed, authorized or required to be authorized, registered or required to be registered, or holding or required to hold a certificate of authority under this act. See Michigan Laws 500.503
- Nonaffiliated third party: means any person except a licensee's affiliate or a person employed jointly by a licensee and any company that is not the licensee's affiliate. See Michigan Laws 500.503
- Producer: means a person required to be licensed under this act to sell, solicit, or negotiate insurance. See Michigan Laws 500.503
- Remainder: An interest in property that takes effect in the future at a specified time or after the occurrence of some event, such as the death of a life tenant.
- state: when applied to the different parts of the United States, shall be construed to extend to and include the District of Columbia and the several territories belonging to the United States; and the words "United States" shall be construed to include the district and territories. See Michigan Laws 8.3o