Terms Used In Michigan Laws > Chapter 45 > Act 518 of 1998
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- County juvenile agency: means a county that has approved a resolution in accordance with section 3. See Michigan Laws 45.622
- County juvenile agency services: means that term as defined in section 117a of the social welfare act, 1939 PA 280, MCL 400. See Michigan Laws 45.622
- Environmental health: means an area of activity dealing with the protection of human health through the management, control, and prevention of environmental factors that may adversely affect the health of individuals. See Michigan Laws 333.18401
- Fiscal year: The fiscal year is the accounting period for the government. For the federal government, this begins on October 1 and ends on September 30. The fiscal year is designated by the calendar year in which it ends; for example, fiscal year 2006 begins on October 1, 2005 and ends on September 30, 2006.
- Health facility: means a health facility or agency licensed under article 17 or a hospital, psychiatric hospital, or psychiatric unit licensed under the mental health code, 1974 PA 258, MCL 330. See Michigan Laws 333.18501
- Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.
- Juvenile: means an individual who is any of the following:
(i) Within or likely to come within the jurisdiction of the court for the county under section 2(a) or (d) of chapter XIIA of 1939 PA 288, MCL 712A. See Michigan Laws 45.622
- Obligation: An order placed, contract awarded, service received, or similar transaction during a given period that will require payments during the same or a future period.
- person: may extend and be applied to bodies politic and corporate, as well as to individuals. See Michigan Laws 8.3l
- Practice of medicine: means that term as defined in section 17001. See Michigan Laws 333.18501
- Practice of osteopathic medicine and surgery: means that term as defined in section 17501. See Michigan Laws 333.18501
- Registered sanitarian: means a sanitarian registered in accordance with this article. See Michigan Laws 333.18401
- Sanitarian: means an individual who has specialized education and experience in the physical, biological, and sanitary sciences as applied to the educational, investigational, and technical duties in the field of environmental health. See Michigan Laws 333.18401
- Social service technician: means an individual registered under this article who is specially trained to practice only under the supervision of a licensed master's social worker or a licensed bachelor's social worker. See Michigan Laws 333.18501
- state: when applied to the different parts of the United States, shall be construed to extend to and include the District of Columbia and the several territories belonging to the United States; and the words "United States" shall be construed to include the district and territories. See Michigan Laws 8.3o
- United States: shall be construed to include the district and territories. See Michigan Laws 8.3o