1. All fees, funds and moneys from whatsoever source received by any department, board, bureau, commission, institution, official or agency of the state government by virtue of any law or rule or regulation made in accordance with any law, excluding all funds received and disbursed by the state on behalf of counties and cities, towns and villages shall, by the official authorized to receive same, and at stated intervals of not more than thirty days, be placed in the state treasury to the credit of the particular purpose or fund for which collected, and shall be subject to appropriation by the general assembly for the particular purpose or fund for which collected during the biennium in which collected and appropriated. The unexpended balance remaining in all such funds (except such unexpended balance as may remain in any fund authorized, collected and expended by virtue of the provisions of the constitution of this state) shall at the end of the biennium and after all warrants on same have been discharged and the appropriation thereof has lapsed, be transferred and placed to the credit of the general revenue fund of the state by the state treasurer. Any official or any person who shall willfully fail to comply with any of the provisions of this section, and any person who shall willfully violate any provision hereof, shall be deemed guilty of a misdemeanor; provided, that all such money received by the curators of the University of Missouri except those funds required by law or by instrument granting the same to be paid into the seminary fund of the state, is excepted herefrom, and in the case of other state educational institutions there is excepted herefrom, gifts or trust funds from whatever source; appropriations; gifts or grants from the federal government, private organizations and individuals; funds for or from student activities; farm or housing activities; and other funds from which the whole or some part thereof may be liable to be repaid to the person contributing the same; and hospital fees. All of the above excepted funds shall be reported in detail quarterly to the governor and biennially to the general assembly.
2. Notwithstanding any provision of law to the contrary concerning the transfer of funds, ten million dollars shall be transferred from the insurance dedicated fund established under section 374.150, and placed to the credit of the rebuild damaged infrastructure fund created in section 33.295** on July 1, 2013.
Terms Used In Missouri Laws 33.080
- Appropriation: The provision of funds, through an annual appropriations act or a permanent law, for federal agencies to make payments out of the Treasury for specified purposes. The formal federal spending process consists of two sequential steps: authorization
- Misdemeanor: Usually a petty offense, a less serious crime than a felony, punishable by less than a year of confinement.
- person: may extend and be applied to bodies politic and corporate, and to partnerships and other unincorporated associations. See Missouri Laws 1.020
- State: when applied to any of the United States, includes the District of Columbia and the territories, and the words "United States" includes such district and territories. See Missouri Laws 1.020