334.418. 1. Except as provided in subsection 2 of this section, no person shall practice as an anesthesiologist assistant unless the person holds a current, valid certificate of registration issued pursuant to sections 334.400 to 334.430 to practice as an anesthesiologist assistant.
Terms Used In Missouri Laws 334.418
- following: when used by way of reference to any section of the statutes, mean the section next preceding or next following that in which the reference is made, unless some other section is expressly designated in the reference. See Missouri Laws 1.020
- person: may extend and be applied to bodies politic and corporate, and to partnerships and other unincorporated associations. See Missouri Laws 1.020
2. The provision of subsection 1 of this section shall not apply to the following:
(1) A person participating in a training program leading toward certification by the National Commission for Certification of Anesthesiologist Assistants, as long as the person is supervised by an anesthesiologist;
(2) An individual participating in a hospital residency program in preparation to practice as an anesthesiologist; and
(3) Any person who is otherwise authorized by subsection 2 of section 334.428 to perform any of the activities that an anesthesiologist assistant is authorized to perform.
(L. 2003 H.B. 390)