1. A person commits the crime of possession of a defaced firearm if he knowingly possesses a firearm which is defaced.
2. Possession of a defaced firearm is a class B misdemeanor.
Terms Used In Missouri Laws 571.050
- Firearm: any weapon that is designed or adapted to expel a projectile by the action of an explosive. See Missouri Laws 571.010
- Misdemeanor: Usually a petty offense, a less serious crime than a felony, punishable by less than a year of confinement.
- person: may extend and be applied to bodies politic and corporate, and to partnerships and other unincorporated associations. See Missouri Laws 1.020