2-11-104. Statement of government authority required. (1) When a government entity takes a government act, as defined in 2-11-103, it shall provide upon request to the applicant a written statement of specific legal authority upon which the action is based. The statement must be provided within 30 days of the written request by the applicant for the written statement of specific legal authority or within 30 days after the government act, whichever occurs last.
Terms Used In Montana Code 2-11-104
- Government act: means the denial or issuance with conditions of a permit, certificate, license, or the equivalent of a permit, certificate, or license issued by a government entity. See Montana Code 2-11-103
- Government entity: means a state agency or a local government unit. See Montana Code 2-11-103
- Rule: has the meaning provided in 2-4-102. See Montana Code 2-11-103
- statement: means the statement required by 2-11-104. See Montana Code 2-11-103
- Statute: A law passed by a legislature.
(2) The statement must clearly cite the specific statute, rule, ordinance, resolution, or other legal authority for the government act and the specific reason for the government act.