30-20-203. Definitions. As used in this part, the following definitions apply:
Terms Used In Montana Code 30-20-203
- Person: includes a corporation or other entity as well as a natural person. See Montana Code 1-1-201
(1) ”Ammunition components” means propellants, primers, and cartridge cases.
(2) ”Black powder” means a propellant made from potassium or sodium nitrate, charcoal, and sulfur or a substitute for black powder made differently that is used for conventional small arms or antique or replica arms.
(3) ”Cartridge cases” means the casings that contain and hold together the propellant, primer, and bullet, which may be formed from brass, aluminum, steel, plastic, or some combination of those or other materials.
(4) ”Primary business” means a manufacturer in which more than one-half of its product produced is and more than one-half of its gross income comes from sales of ammunition components.
(5) ”Propellant” includes smokeless propellant and black powder.
(6) ”Small arms” means pistols, revolvers, rifles, shotguns, and other similar devices that are portable by one person, the possession and use of which are protected by Article II, section 12, of the Montana constitution.
(7) ”Small arms primers” means the priming component for a round of ammunition intended for use in small arms that is usually made of a cup, an anvil, and a shock-sensitive chemical compound and is designed to ignite the propellant in an ammunition cartridge for conventional small arms.
(8) ”Smokeless propellant” means a chemical substance designed to expel a projectile from small arms through burning and expansion at a quick but controlled burning rate.