Terms Used In Montana Code > Title 16 > Chapter 1
- Agency: means an office, position, commission, committee, board, department, council, division, bureau, section, or any other entity or instrumentality of the executive branch of state government. See Montana Code 2-15-102
- Amendment: A proposal to alter the text of a pending bill or other measure by striking out some of it, by inserting new language, or both. Before an amendment becomes part of the measure, thelegislature must agree to it.
- Department: means a principal functional and administrative entity that:
(a) is created by this chapter within the executive branch of state government;
(b) is one of the 20 principal departments permitted under the constitution; and
(c) includes its units. See Montana Code 2-15-102
- Dependent: A person dependent for support upon another.
- Director: means a department head specifically referred to as a director in this chapter and does not mean a commission, board, commissioner, or constitutional officer. See Montana Code 2-15-102
- Fiduciary: A trustee, executor, or administrator.
- Gift: A voluntary transfer or conveyance of property without consideration, or for less than full and adequate consideration based on fair market value.
- Lease: A contract transferring the use of property or occupancy of land, space, structures, or equipment in consideration of a payment (e.g., rent). Source: OCC
- Liabilities: The aggregate of all debts and other legal obligations of a particular person or legal entity.
- Markup: The process by which congressional committees and subcommittees debate, amend, and rewrite proposed legislation.
- Oath: includes an affirmation or declaration. See Montana Code 1-1-201
- Process: means a writ or summons issued in the course of judicial proceedings. See Montana Code 1-1-202
- Remainder: An interest in property that takes effect in the future at a specified time or after the occurrence of some event, such as the death of a life tenant.
- Usual: means according to usage. See Montana Code 1-1-206