|Part 1||Special Law Enforcement Assistance Account||§ 44-13-101 – § 44-13-103|
Terms Used In Montana Code > Title 44 > Chapter 13
- Amendment: A proposal to alter the text of a pending bill or other measure by striking out some of it, by inserting new language, or both. Before an amendment becomes part of the measure, thelegislature must agree to it.
- Civil forfeiture: The loss of ownership of property used to conduct illegal activity.
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Fiscal year: The fiscal year is the accounting period for the government. For the federal government, this begins on October 1 and ends on September 30. The fiscal year is designated by the calendar year in which it ends; for example, fiscal year 2006 begins on October 1, 2005 and ends on September 30, 2006.
- Property: means real and personal property. See Montana Code 1-1-205