|Part 1||General Provisions||§ 44-7-101 – § 44-7-120|
|Part 2||Domestic Violence Intervention||§ 44-7-201 – § 44-7-210|
|Part 3||Restorative Justice Programs||§ 44-7-301 – § 44-7-303|
Terms Used In Montana Code > Title 44 > Chapter 7 - Board of Crime Control
- Bequest: Property gifted by will.
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Damages: Money paid by defendants to successful plaintiffs in civil cases to compensate the plaintiffs for their injuries.
- Devise: To gift property by will.
- Gift: A voluntary transfer or conveyance of property without consideration, or for less than full and adequate consideration based on fair market value.
- Legacy: A gift of property made by will.
- Misdemeanor: Usually a petty offense, a less serious crime than a felony, punishable by less than a year of confinement.
- Municipality: means any incorporated city or town. See Montana Code 7-2-4704
- Person: includes a corporation or other entity as well as a natural person. See Montana Code 1-1-201
- Probation officers: Screen applicants for pretrial release and monitor convicted offenders released under court supervision.
- Process: means a writ or summons issued in the course of judicial proceedings. See Montana Code 1-1-202
- Property: means real and personal property. See Montana Code 1-1-205
- Restitution: The court-ordered payment of money by the defendant to the victim for damages caused by the criminal action.