|Part 1||General||§ 50-10-101 – § 50-10-107|
Terms Used In Montana Code > Title 50 > Chapter 10
- Advanced practice registered nurse: means an individual who is licensed under Title 37, chapter 8, to practice professional nursing in this state and who has fulfilled the requirements of the board of nursing pursuant to 37-8-202 and 37-8-409. See Montana Code 50-10-101
- Attending advanced practice registered nurse: means the advanced practice registered nurse who is selected by or assigned to the patient and who has primary responsibility for the treatment and care of the patient. See Montana Code 50-10-101
- Attending physician: has the meaning provided in 50-9-102. See Montana Code 50-10-101
- Board: means the state board of medical examiners. See Montana Code 50-10-101
- Department: means the department of public health and human services provided for in 2-15-2201. See Montana Code 50-10-101
- Discovery: Lawyers' examination, before trial, of facts and documents in possession of the opponents to help the lawyers prepare for trial.
- DNR identification: means a standardized identification card, form, necklace, or bracelet of uniform size and design, approved by the department, that signifies that the possessor is a qualified patient, as defined in 50-9-102, or that the possessor's attending physician or attending advanced practice registered nurse has issued a do not resuscitate order for the possessor and has documented the grounds for the order in the possessor's medical file. See Montana Code 50-10-101
- Do not resuscitate order: means a directive from a licensed physician or advanced practice registered nurse that emergency life-sustaining procedures should not be administered to a particular person. See Montana Code 50-10-101
- Do not resuscitate protocol: means a standardized method of procedure, approved by the board and adopted in the rules of the department, for the withholding of emergency life-sustaining procedures by physicians, advanced practice registered nurses, and emergency medical services personnel. See Montana Code 50-10-101
- Emergency medical services personnel: has the meaning provided in 50-9-102. See Montana Code 50-10-101
- Health care facility: has the meaning provided in 50-5-101 and includes a public health center as defined in 7-34-2102. See Montana Code 50-10-101
- Life-sustaining procedure: means cardiopulmonary resuscitation or a component of cardiopulmonary resuscitation. See Montana Code 50-10-101
- Misdemeanor: Usually a petty offense, a less serious crime than a felony, punishable by less than a year of confinement.
- Physician: means a person licensed under Title 37, chapter 3, to practice medicine in this state. See Montana Code 50-10-101