|Part 1||Tuberculosis Control||§ 50-17-101 – § 50-17-115|
|Part 2||Cardiovascular Disease||§ 50-17-201 – § 50-17-203|
Terms Used In Montana Code > Title 50 > Chapter 17
- Acute heart attack: means a heart attack that involves a prolonged period of blocked blood supply, affects a large area of the heart, and is measured by an elevation of the ST segment of an electrocardiogram. See Montana Code 50-17-102
- Affidavit: means a sworn written declaration made before an officer authorized to administer oaths or an unsworn written declaration made under penalty of perjury as provided in 1-6-105. See Montana Code 1-1-203
- Approved course of treatment: means a course of treatment for tuberculosis that includes medical treatment prescribed by a physician and consistent with accepted medical standards, as well as appropriate followup to ensure public health and safety as set out in the rules of the department. See Montana Code 50-17-102
- Clerk of court: An officer appointed by the court to work with the chief judge in overseeing the court's administration, especially to assist in managing the flow of cases through the court and to maintain court records.
- Department: means the department of public health and human services provided for in 2-15-2201. See Montana Code 50-17-102
- Emergency medical service: has the meaning provided in 50-6-302. See Montana Code 50-17-102
- Evidence: Information presented in testimony or in documents that is used to persuade the fact finder (judge or jury) to decide the case for one side or the other.
- Guardian: A person legally empowered and charged with the duty of taking care of and managing the property of another person who because of age, intellect, or health, is incapable of managing his (her) own affairs.
- Hospital: has the meaning provided in 50-5-101. See Montana Code 50-17-102
- Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.
- Local board: means a city, county, city-county, or district board of health. See Montana Code 50-17-102
- location: means a hospital or other place designated by a local health officer where the person diagnosed with tuberculosis must remain to be available for an approved course of treatment. See Montana Code 50-17-102
- Oversight: Committee review of the activities of a Federal agency or program.
- Person: includes a corporation or other entity as well as a natural person. See Montana Code 1-1-201
- Process: means a writ or summons issued in the course of judicial proceedings. See Montana Code 1-1-202
- Receiving hospital: means a hospital capable of performing coronary revascularization for a patient suffering an acute heart attack. See Montana Code 50-17-102
- Summons: Another word for subpoena used by the criminal justice system.
- Tuberculosis: means a disease caused by mycobacterium tuberculosis or mycobacterium tuberculosis complex. See Montana Code 50-17-102