|Part 1||Montana Clean Indoor Air Act||§ 50-40-101 – § 50-40-115|
|Part 2||Government Offices and Work Areas||§ 50-40-201|
Terms Used In Montana Code > Title 50 > Chapter 40
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Department: means the department of public health and human services provided for in 2-15-2201. See Montana Code 50-40-103
- Enclosed public place: means an indoor area, room, or vehicle that the general public is allowed to enter or that serves as a place of work, including but not limited to the following:
(c) public and private office buildings and offices, including all office buildings and offices of political subdivisions, as provided for in 50-40-201, and state government;
(d) trains, buses, and other forms of public transportation;
(e) health care facilities;
(f) auditoriums, arenas, and assembly facilities;
(g) meeting rooms open to the public;
(i) community college facilities;
(j) facilities of the Montana university system; and
- Establishment: means an enterprise under one roof that serves the public and for which a single person, agency, corporation, or legal entity is responsible. See Montana Code 50-40-103
- Misdemeanor: Usually a petty offense, a less serious crime than a felony, punishable by less than a year of confinement.
- Partnership: A voluntary contract between two or more persons to pool some or all of their assets into a business, with the agreement that there will be a proportional sharing of profits and losses.
- Person: means an individual, partnership, corporation, association, political subdivision, or other entity. See Montana Code 50-40-103
- Person: includes a corporation or other entity as well as a natural person. See Montana Code 1-1-201
- Property: means real and personal property. See Montana Code 1-1-205
- State: when applied to the different parts of the United States, includes the District of Columbia and the territories. See Montana Code 1-1-201
- to smoke: includes the act of lighting, smoking, or carrying a lighted cigar, cigarette, pipe, or any smokable product and includes the use of marijuana for a debilitating medical condition as provided for in Title 50, chapter 46. See Montana Code 50-40-103