|Part 1||Regulation of Dairies Selling Milk or Cream for Public Consumption||§ 81-21-101 – § 81-21-106|
Terms Used In Montana Code > Title 81 > Chapter 21
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Damages: Money paid by defendants to successful plaintiffs in civil cases to compensate the plaintiffs for their injuries.
- Fluid milk plant: means a place where milk or cream is not produced but is purchased or collected and prepared for distribution to the consumer in liquid form. See Montana Code 81-21-101
- Injunction: An order of the court prohibiting (or compelling) the performance of a specific act to prevent irreparable damage or injury.
- Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.
- Person: includes a corporation or other entity as well as a natural person. See Montana Code 1-1-201
- Public consumption: means the use of milk or cream by the public for any purpose. See Montana Code 81-21-101