(1) Any corporation which has done business under a corporate name in the State of Nebraska for a period of twenty-five years or more may register such name with the Secretary of State by filing in the office of the Secretary of State, in duplicate, on a form to be furnished by the Secretary of State, an application for registration of that name setting forth the following information:
Terms Used In Nebraska Statutes 21-2502
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Person: shall include bodies politic and corporate, societies, communities, the public generally, individuals, partnerships, limited liability companies, joint-stock companies, and associations. See Nebraska Statutes 49-801
- State: when applied to different states of the United States shall be construed to extend to and include the District of Columbia and the several territories organized by Congress. See Nebraska Statutes 49-801
(a) The name and street address of the corporation applying for such registration and the state of incorporation;
(b) The date the name was first used anywhere and the date such name was first used in this state by the applicant; and
(c) A statement that the applicant is the owner of the name and that no other person has the right to use such name in this state either in the identical form or in such near resemblance as might be calculated to deceive or to be mistaken therefor.
(2) The application shall be signed by an officer of the corporation applying, whose signature shall be acknowledged before a notary public. The application shall be accompanied by a filing fee of two hundred dollars payable to the Secretary of State. The Secretary of State shall return a duplicate stamped copy with the date of filing to the applicant or the representative submitting the application for filing.
(3) Registration of the corporate name under this section shall be effective for ten years from the date of registration and shall not be renewable by the registrant.
- Laws 1986, LB 1025, § 2.