|Chapter 1N-5||Electronic Notarization|
|Chapter 1N-6||Florida Civil-Law Notary|
|Chapter 1N-7||Remote Online Notarization|
Terms Used In Florida Regulations > Division 1N - Division of Corporations
- Amendment: A proposal to alter the text of a pending bill or other measure by striking out some of it, by inserting new language, or both. Before an amendment becomes part of the measure, thelegislature must agree to it.
- Attachment: A procedure by which a person's property is seized to pay judgments levied by the court.
- Common law: The legal system that originated in England and is now in use in the United States. It is based on judicial decisions rather than legislative action.
- Complaint: A written statement by the plaintiff stating the wrongs allegedly committed by the defendant.
- Evidence: Information presented in testimony or in documents that is used to persuade the fact finder (judge or jury) to decide the case for one side or the other.
- Fraud: Intentional deception resulting in injury to another.
- Oath: A promise to tell the truth.
- Obligation: An order placed, contract awarded, service received, or similar transaction during a given period that will require payments during the same or a future period.
- Restitution: The court-ordered payment of money by the defendant to the victim for damages caused by the criminal action.