(1) The commission shall adopt and promulgate rules and regulations necessary to carry out the Intrastate Pay-Per-Call Regulation Act.
Terms Used In Nebraska Statutes 86-269
- Affidavit: A written statement of facts confirmed by the oath of the party making it, before a notary or officer having authority to administer oaths.
- Appeal: A request made after a trial, asking another court (usually the court of appeals) to decide whether the trial was conducted properly. To make such a request is "to appeal" or "to take an appeal." One who appeals is called the appellant.
- Commission: means the Public Service Commission. See Nebraska Statutes 86-260
- Complaint: A written statement by the plaintiff stating the wrongs allegedly committed by the defendant.
(2) The commission may conduct investigations and shall enforce the act.
(3) Upon written complaint and supporting affidavit that an applicable rule or regulation or any provision of the act has been or is being violated, the commission may enter a cease and desist order on an ex parte basis against a party named in a complaint alleging violation of the act. The order shall have duration of no more than twenty days, and a hearing upon the complaint shall be held no later than twenty days after the order is entered by the commission.
(4) A decision of the commission made pursuant to the act and rules and regulations of the commission may be appealed. The appeal shall be in accordance with section 75-136 .