Nebraska Statutes > Intrastate Pay-Per-Call Regulation Act
Current as of: 2022 | Check for updates | Other versions
Terms Used In Nebraska Statutes > Intrastate Pay-Per-Call Regulation Act
- Action: shall include any proceeding in any court of this state. See Nebraska Statutes 49-801
- Affidavit: A written statement of facts confirmed by the oath of the party making it, before a notary or officer having authority to administer oaths.
- Appeal: A request made after a trial, asking another court (usually the court of appeals) to decide whether the trial was conducted properly. To make such a request is "to appeal" or "to take an appeal." One who appeals is called the appellant.
- Commission: means the Public Service Commission. See Nebraska Statutes 86-260
- Complaint: A written statement by the plaintiff stating the wrongs allegedly committed by the defendant.
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Dependent: A person dependent for support upon another.
- Pay-per-call services: means telecommunications services which permit simultaneous calling by a large number of callers to a single telephone number and for which the calling party is assessed, by virtue of completing the call, a charge that is not dependent on the existence of a presubscription relationship and for which the caller pays a per-call or per-time-interval charge that is greater than or in addition to the charge for transmission of the call. See Nebraska Statutes 86-261