Only one license may be required for the operation of all warehouses operated by one warehouse licensee if:
Terms Used In Nebraska Statutes 88-531
- Commission: means the Public Service Commission. See Nebraska Statutes 88-526
- Grain: means wheat, corn, oats, soybeans, barley, rye, flax, or sorghum which has not been processed or packaged for the purpose of distribution as seed, including, but not limited to, edible beans, whole corn plant pellets, alfalfa pellets, millet, sunflower seed, safflower seed, and any other bulk pelleted agricultural storable commodity. See Nebraska Statutes 88-526
- Warehouse: means any grain elevator, mill, grist mill, building, or receptacle in which grain is held in storage for more than ten consecutive days. See Nebraska Statutes 88-526
(1) Only one set of books is kept for the warehouses;
(2) Cost slips, scale tickets, warehouse receipts, and checks are issued in one series for grain received or stored in such warehouses; and
(3) The warehouses are operated in conjunction with each other.
If the commission finds that enforcement of the Grain Warehouse Act or the interests of the storers requires that warehouses operated by the same licensee at separate locations be licensed separately, it may require separate licenses for such facilities pursuant to rules and regulations adopted and promulgated by the commission.
The license fee and security required of such warehouse licensee shall be computed on the basis of the separate capacities of each warehouse.
- Laws 1987, LB 164, § 7;
- Laws 1989, LB 78, § 30.