Not less than once each year, the commission shall by order fix reasonable storage rates, and no warehouse licensee shall charge a lesser or greater rate, except upon application to and a hearing before the commission. If, after a hearing, the commission finds that a lesser or greater rate should be ordered, it shall enter a supplemental order fixing a different rate for such applicant. Such charges shall be full compensation for the receiving, handling, storing, delivering, and insuring of grain. No discrimination shall be made between different customers by any state-licensed grain warehouse either in facilities, charges, or handling of any grain, except that members of a cooperative may be given preference in storage facilities in warehouses of the cooperative. The rates charged to any governmental agency shall be exempt from commission regulation.
- Laws 1987, LB 164, § 17.
Terms Used In Nebraska Statutes 88-541
- Commission: means the Public Service Commission. See Nebraska Statutes 88-526
- Grain: means wheat, corn, oats, soybeans, barley, rye, flax, or sorghum which has not been processed or packaged for the purpose of distribution as seed, including, but not limited to, edible beans, whole corn plant pellets, alfalfa pellets, millet, sunflower seed, safflower seed, and any other bulk pelleted agricultural storable commodity. See Nebraska Statutes 88-526
- State: when applied to different states of the United States shall be construed to extend to and include the District of Columbia and the several territories organized by Congress. See Nebraska Statutes 49-801
- Warehouse: means any grain elevator, mill, grist mill, building, or receptacle in which grain is held in storage for more than ten consecutive days. See Nebraska Statutes 88-526
- Year: shall mean calendar year. See Nebraska Statutes 49-801