Nevada Revised Statutes > Chapter 118C – Landlord and Tenant: Commercial Premises
Current as of: 2022 | Check for updates | Other versions
|General Provisions||118C.010 – 118C.150|
|Rights and Obligations of Landlords and Tenants||118C.200 – 118C.230|
Terms Used In Nevada Revised Statutes > Chapter 118C - Landlord and Tenant: Commercial Premises
- Abstract of judgment: In a federal criminal proceeding, A certification from a U.S. District Court clerk that a judgment of restitution was entered against the defendant owing to the victim. If the defendant inherits, owns, or sells real property or holdings, these assets can then be attached at the state and local levels as well.
- Administrator: means the Administrator of the Division. See Nevada Revised Statutes 432.010
- Affirmed: In the practice of the appellate courts, the decree or order is declared valid and will stand as rendered in the lower court.
- Agency which provides child welfare services: has the meaning ascribed to it in NRS 432B. See Nevada Revised Statutes 432.010
- Allegation: something that someone says happened.
- Assets: (1) The property comprising the estate of a deceased person, or (2) the property in a trust account.
- Bailee: means a person that by a warehouse receipt, bill of lading or other document of title acknowledges possession of goods and contracts to deliver them. See Nevada Revised Statutes 104.7102
- Child: means a person who is less than 18 years of age or who remains under the jurisdiction of a court pursuant to NRS 432B. See Nevada Revised Statutes 432.010
- controlled substance: means a drug, immediate precursor or other substance which is listed in schedule I, II, III, IV or V for control by the State Board of Pharmacy pursuant to NRS 453. See Nevada Revised Statutes 0.031
- Deed: The legal instrument used to transfer title in real property from one person to another.
- Delivery order: means a record that contains an order to deliver goods directed to a warehouse, carrier or other person that in the ordinary course of business issues warehouse receipts or bills of lading. See Nevada Revised Statutes 104.7102
- Department: means the Department of Taxation. See Nevada Revised Statutes 360.001
- Division: means the Division of Child and Family Services of the Department. See Nevada Revised Statutes 432.010
- Embezzlement: In most states, embezzlement is defined as theft/larceny of assets (money or property) by a person in a position of trust or responsibility over those assets. Embezzlement typically occurs in the employment and corporate settings. Source: OCC
- Fiscal year: The fiscal year is the accounting period for the government. For the federal government, this begins on October 1 and ends on September 30. The fiscal year is designated by the calendar year in which it ends; for example, fiscal year 2006 begins on October 1, 2005 and ends on September 30, 2006.
- Gift: A voluntary transfer or conveyance of property without consideration, or for less than full and adequate consideration based on fair market value.
- Goods: means all things that are treated as movable for the purposes of a contract for storage or transportation. See Nevada Revised Statutes 104.7102
- Grand jury: agreement providing that a lender will delay exercising its rights (in the case of a mortgage,
- Issuer: means a bailee that issues a document of title or, in the case of an unaccepted delivery order, the person that orders the possessor of goods to deliver. See Nevada Revised Statutes 104.7102
- Lawsuit: A legal action started by a plaintiff against a defendant based on a complaint that the defendant failed to perform a legal duty, resulting in harm to the plaintiff.
- Nolo contendere: No contest-has the same effect as a plea of guilty, as far as the criminal sentence is concerned, but may not be considered as an admission of guilt for any other purpose.
- physician: means a person who engages in the practice of medicine, including osteopathy and homeopathy. See Nevada Revised Statutes 0.040
- Plea: In a criminal case, the defendant's statement pleading "guilty" or "not guilty" in answer to the charges, a declaration made in open court.
- Reporter: Makes a record of court proceedings and prepares a transcript, and also publishes the court's opinions or decisions (in the courts of appeals).
- Restitution: The court-ordered payment of money by the defendant to the victim for damages caused by the criminal action.
- Settlement: Parties to a lawsuit resolve their difference without having a trial. Settlements often involve the payment of compensation by one party in satisfaction of the other party's claims.
- Special services: means medical, hospital, psychiatric, surgical or dental services, or any combination thereof. See Nevada Revised Statutes 432.010
- Subpoena: A command to a witness to appear and give testimony.
- substantial bodily harm: means :