|General Procedure||173.015 – 173.065|
|Form and Amendment||173.075 – 173.105|
|Joinder of Offenses and of Defendants||173.115 – 173.135|
|Warrants and Summonses||173.145 – 173.205|
Terms Used In Nevada Revised Statutes > Chapter 173
- Administrative officer: means a person with overall executive and administrative responsibility for those state or nonstate intellectual and developmental disability centers designated by the Administrator. See Nevada Revised Statutes 435.007
- Administrator: means the Administrator of the Division. See Nevada Revised Statutes 435.007
- Affidavit: A written statement of facts confirmed by the oath of the party making it, before a notary or officer having authority to administer oaths.
- Annual sale of livestock: means any sale of livestock:
(a) To which any member of the public may consign livestock for sale or exchange through public bidding at the sale of the livestock; and
(b) Which is conducted for not more than 2 consecutive days during a calendar year. See Nevada Revised Statutes 573.010
- Bail: Security given for the release of a criminal defendant or witness from legal custody (usually in the form of money) to secure his/her appearance on the day and time appointed.
- Complaint: A written statement by the plaintiff stating the wrongs allegedly committed by the defendant.
- controlled substance: means a drug, immediate precursor or other substance which is listed in schedule I, II, III, IV or V for control by the State Board of Pharmacy pursuant to NRS 453. See Nevada Revised Statutes 0.031
- county: includes Carson City. See Nevada Revised Statutes 0.033
- Damages: Money paid by defendants to successful plaintiffs in civil cases to compensate the plaintiffs for their injuries.
- Decedent: A deceased person.
- Defendant: In a civil suit, the person complained against; in a criminal case, the person accused of the crime.
- Department: means the State Department of Agriculture. See Nevada Revised Statutes 573.010
- Developmental disability: means autism, cerebral palsy, epilepsy or any other neurological condition diagnosed by a qualified professional that:
(a) Is manifested before the person affected attains the age of 22 years;
(b) Is likely to continue indefinitely;
(c) Results in substantial functional limitations, as measured by a qualified professional, in three or more of the following areas of major life activity:
(1) Taking care of oneself;
(2) Understanding and use of language;
(5) Self-direction; and
(6) Capacity for independent living; and
(d) Results in the person affected requiring a combination of individually planned and coordinated services, support or other assistance that is lifelong or has an extended duration. See Nevada Revised Statutes 435.007
- Director: means the Director of the Department. See Nevada Revised Statutes 573.010
- Division: means the Aging and Disability Services Division of the Department. See Nevada Revised Statutes 435.007
- Felony: A crime carrying a penalty of more than a year in prison.
- Goods: means all things that are movable at the time of identification to the lease contract, or are fixtures (NRS 104A. See Nevada Revised Statutes 104A.2103
- Indictment: The formal charge issued by a grand jury stating that there is enough evidence that the defendant committed the crime to justify having a trial; it is used primarily for felonies.
- Intellectual disability: means significantly subaverage general intellectual functioning existing concurrently with deficits in adaptive behavior and manifested during the developmental period. See Nevada Revised Statutes 435.007
- Lease: means a transfer of the right to possession and use of goods for a term in return for consideration, but a sale, including a sale on approval or a sale or return, or retention or creation of a security interest is not a lease. See Nevada Revised Statutes 104A.2103
- Lease: A contract transferring the use of property or occupancy of land, space, structures, or equipment in consideration of a payment (e.g., rent). Source: OCC
- Lease agreement: means the bargain, with respect to the lease, of the lessor and the lessee in fact as found in their language or by implication from other circumstances including course of dealing or usage of trade or course of performance as provided in this Article. See Nevada Revised Statutes 104A.2103
- Lease contract: means the total legal obligation that results from the lease agreement as affected by this Article and any other applicable rules of law. See Nevada Revised Statutes 104A.2103
- Leasehold interest: means the interest of the lessor or the lessee under a lease contract. See Nevada Revised Statutes 104A.2103
- Lessee: means a person who acquires the right to possession and use of goods under a lease. See Nevada Revised Statutes 104A.2103
- Lessor: means a person who transfers the right to possession and use of goods under a lease. See Nevada Revised Statutes 104A.2103
- Livestock: means :
(a) Cattle, sheep, goats, horses, mules, asses, burros, swine or poultry; and
- Medical director: means the chief medical officer of any program of the Division for persons with intellectual disabilities or developmental disabilities. See Nevada Revised Statutes 435.007
- Misdemeanor: Usually a petty offense, a less serious crime than a felony, punishable by less than a year of confinement.
- Nolo contendere: No contest-has the same effect as a plea of guilty, as far as the criminal sentence is concerned, but may not be considered as an admission of guilt for any other purpose.
- Person: includes a child and any other consumer with an intellectual disability and a child or any other consumer with a developmental disability who has attained the age of 18 years. See Nevada Revised Statutes 435.007
- Personal property: All property that is not real property.
- Statute: A law passed by a legislature.
- substantial bodily harm: means :
- Summons: Another word for subpoena used by the criminal justice system.
- Treatment: means any combination of procedures or activities, of whatever level of intensity and whatever duration, ranging from occasional counseling sessions to full-time admission to a residential facility. See Nevada Revised Statutes 435.007