|General Provisions||271A.010 – 271A.060|
|Tourism Improvement Districts||271A.070 – 271A.150|
Terms Used In Nevada Revised Statutes > Chapter 271A
- Complaint: A written statement by the plaintiff stating the wrongs allegedly committed by the defendant.
- Damages: Money paid by defendants to successful plaintiffs in civil cases to compensate the plaintiffs for their injuries.
- Defendant: In a civil suit, the person complained against; in a criminal case, the person accused of the crime.
- Fraud: Intentional deception resulting in injury to another.
- Lease: A contract transferring the use of property or occupancy of land, space, structures, or equipment in consideration of a payment (e.g., rent). Source: OCC
- mortgage: includes a deed of trust. See Nevada Revised Statutes 104.4109
- Personal property: All property that is not real property.
- population: means the number of people in a specified area as determined by the last preceding national decennial census conducted by the Bureau of the Census of the United States Department of Commerce pursuant to Section 2 of Article I of the Constitution of the United States and reported by the Secretary of Commerce to the Governor pursuant to 13 U. See Nevada Revised Statutes 104.4202
- Statute: A law passed by a legislature.