Nevada Revised Statutes > Chapter 637 – Dispensing Opticians
Current as of: 2022 | Check for updates | Other versions
|General Provisions||637.010 – 637.025|
|Board of Dispensing Opticians||637.030 – 637.085|
|Licenses||637.090 – 637.145|
|Disciplinary and Other Actions||637.150 – 637.170|
|Miscellaneous Provisions||637.175 – 637.200|
Terms Used In Nevada Revised Statutes > Chapter 637 - Dispensing Opticians
- Advisory Board: means the Advisory Board on Maternal and Child Health. See Nevada Revised Statutes 442.003
- Answer: The formal written statement by a defendant responding to a civil complaint and setting forth the grounds for defense.
- Bail: Security given for the release of a criminal defendant or witness from legal custody (usually in the form of money) to secure his/her appearance on the day and time appointed.
- Complaint: A written statement by the plaintiff stating the wrongs allegedly committed by the defendant.
- controlled substance: means a drug, immediate precursor or other substance which is listed in schedule I, II, III, IV or V for control by the State Board of Pharmacy pursuant to NRS 453. See Nevada Revised Statutes 0.031
- Conviction: A judgement of guilt against a criminal defendant.
- county: includes Carson City. See Nevada Revised Statutes 0.033
- Defendant: In a civil suit, the person complained against; in a criminal case, the person accused of the crime.
- Department: means the Department of Health and Human Services. See Nevada Revised Statutes 442.003
- Division: means the Division of Public and Behavioral Health of the Department. See Nevada Revised Statutes 442.003
- Evidence: Information presented in testimony or in documents that is used to persuade the fact finder (judge or jury) to decide the case for one side or the other.
- Fetal alcohol syndrome: includes fetal alcohol effects. See Nevada Revised Statutes 442.003
- Fiscal year: The fiscal year is the accounting period for the government. For the federal government, this begins on October 1 and ends on September 30. The fiscal year is designated by the calendar year in which it ends; for example, fiscal year 2006 begins on October 1, 2005 and ends on September 30, 2006.
- Fraud: Intentional deception resulting in injury to another.
- Indictment: The formal charge issued by a grand jury stating that there is enough evidence that the defendant committed the crime to justify having a trial; it is used primarily for felonies.
- Injunction: An order of the court prohibiting (or compelling) the performance of a specific act to prevent irreparable damage or injury.
- person: means a natural person, any form of business or social organization and any other nongovernmental legal entity including, but not limited to, a corporation, partnership, association, trust or unincorporated organization. See Nevada Revised Statutes 0.039
- physician: means a person who engages in the practice of medicine, including osteopathy and homeopathy. See Nevada Revised Statutes 0.040
- Probation: A sentencing alternative to imprisonment in which the court releases convicted defendants under supervision as long as certain conditions are observed.
- Subpoena: A command to a witness to appear and give testimony.
- Testify: Answer questions in court.
- Testimony: Evidence presented orally by witnesses during trials or before grand juries.
- Trial: A hearing that takes place when the defendant pleads "not guilty" and witnesses are required to come to court to give evidence.