A. Upon the filing of the certificate of organization, by duly adopted resolution, with the state engineer and a copy with the county clerk of the county or city, as appropriate, where the special water users’ association is formed, the entities so associating shall constitute a body corporate by the name set forth in the certificate and by that name may sue and be sued and shall have the capacity to make contracts; acquire, hold, enjoy, dispose of and convey property real and personal; and do any other act or thing necessary or proper for carrying out the purposes of the association.

B. An association may have officers or agents chosen or appointed in a manner and for terms as may be provided by the bylaws. Vacancies occurring among officers or among the board of directors, trustees or governing board shall be filled as provided by the bylaws or, in the absence of such provision, by the directors, trustees or governing board.