|§ 1||Short Title|
|§ 2||Declaration of Policy|
|§ 5||Applicability of Business Corporation Law to Cooperative Corporations|
Terms Used In New York Laws > Cooperative Corporations > Article 1
- Consolidation: shall mean either (a) the combination of two or more local government entities resulting in the termination of the existence of each of the entities to be consolidated and the creation of a new entity which assumes jurisdiction over all of the terminated entities, or (b) the combination of two or more local government entities resulting in the termination of the existence of all but one of the entities which shall absorb the terminated entity or entities. See N.Y. General Municipal Law 750
- Dissolution: shall mean the termination of the existence of a local government entity. See N.Y. General Municipal Law 750
- Elector: shall mean a registered voter of this state registered to vote in the local government entity subject to consolidation or dissolution proceedings conducted pursuant to this article. See N.Y. General Municipal Law 750
- entity: shall mean a town, village, district, special improvement district or other improvement district, including, but not limited to, special districts created pursuant to articles eleven, twelve, twelve-A or thirteen of the town law, library districts, and other districts created by law; provided, however, that a local government entity shall not include school districts, city
districts or special purpose districts created by counties under county law. See N.Y. General Municipal Law 750
- Fraud: Intentional deception resulting in injury to another.
- Governing body: shall mean the body in which the general legislative, governmental and/or public powers of a local government entity are vested and by authority of which the official business of such entity is conducted. See N.Y. General Municipal Law 750
- Misdemeanor: Usually a petty offense, a less serious crime than a felony, punishable by less than a year of confinement.
- Statute: A law passed by a legislature.