|§ 18||Designation of Secretary of State as an Agent for Service of Process|
|§ 18-A||Electronic Service of Process|
|§ 19||Service of Process|
|§ 19-A||Records and Certificates of Department of State|
Terms Used In New York Laws > General Associations > Article 4 - Certificate of Designation by Associations Doing Business Within This State
- association: as used in this article , is defined in section two, subdivision four, of this chapter. See N.Y. General Associations Law 18
- Deed: The legal instrument used to transfer title in real property from one person to another.
- Defendant: In a civil suit, the person complained against; in a criminal case, the person accused of the crime.
- Gift: A voluntary transfer or conveyance of property without consideration, or for less than full and adequate consideration based on fair market value.
- Plaintiff: The person who files the complaint in a civil lawsuit.
- Service of process: The service of writs or summonses to the appropriate party.
- Trustee: A person or institution holding and administering property in trust.
- Venue: The geographical location in which a case is tried.