North Carolina General Statutes 55-9A-04. Notice
If a special meeting is requested pursuant to N.C. Gen. Stat. § 55-9A-03, notice of the special meeting of shareholders shall be given as promptly as reasonably practicable by the covered corporation.? Notice of any special or annual meeting at which the voting rights of control shares are to be considered shall be given to all shareholders who are entitled to vote at the meeting and who are shareholders of record as of the record date set for the meeting, and to all holders of interested shares, and such notice must include or be accompanied by each of the following:
(1) A copy of the acquiring person statement delivered to the covered corporation pursuant to this Article.
(2) A statement by the board of directors of the covered corporation, authorized by a majority of its directors, of its position or recommendation, or that it is taking no position or making no recommendation, with respect to granting voting rights to the control shares acquired or proposed to be acquired in the control share acquisition.
(3) If the shareholders would have a right of redemption under N.C. Gen. Stat. § 55-9A-06, a statement, displayed with reasonable prominence, describing such right and advising the shareholders that it will be available only to those who give the written notice required by N.C. Gen. Stat. § 55-9A-06(b). (1987, c. 182, s. 1; 1989, c. 200, s. 1, c. 265, s. 1.)
Terms Used In North Carolina General Statutes 55-9A-04
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- following: when used by way of reference to any section of a statute, shall be construed to mean the section next preceding or next following that in which such reference is made; unless when some other section is expressly designated in such reference. See North Carolina General Statutes 12-3