The definitions in G.S. 87-85 and the following definitions apply in this Article:
(1) Commission. – The Well Contractors Certification Commission, as established by G.S. 143B-301.11.
(2) Department. – The Department of Environmental Quality.
(3) Person. – A natural person.
(4) Secretary. – The Secretary of Environmental Quality.
(5) Well contractor. – A person in trade or business who undertakes to perform a well contractor activity or who undertakes to personally supervise or personally manage the performance of a well contractor activity on the person’s own behalf or for any person, firm, or corporation.
(6) Well contractor activity. – The construction, installation, repair, alteration, or abandonment of any well. ?(1997-358, s. 2; 1997-443, s. 11A.119(b); 2002-165, s. 1.1; 2015-241, s. 14.30(u), (v).)
Terms Used In North Carolina General Statutes 87-98.2
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- following: when used by way of reference to any section of a statute, shall be construed to mean the section next preceding or next following that in which such reference is made; unless when some other section is expressly designated in such reference. See North Carolina General Statutes 12-3