North Carolina General Statutes 93D-1. Definitions
For the purposes of this Chapter:
(1) “Board” shall mean the North Carolina State Hearing Aid Dealers and Fitters Board.
(2) “Fitting and selling hearing aids” shall mean the evaluation or measurement of the powers or range of human hearing by means of an audiometer or by other means and the consequent selection or adaptation or sale or rental of hearing aids intended to compensate for hearing loss including the making of an impression of the ear.
(3) “Hearing aid” shall mean any instrument or device designed for or represented as aiding, improving or compensating for defective human hearing and any parts, attachments or accessories of such an instrument or device.
(4) “Hearing Aid Specialist” shall mean a person licensed by the Board to engage in the activities within the scope of practice of a hearing aid specialist in North Carolina.
(5) “Registered Sponsor” shall mean a person with a permanent license as an audiologist under Article 22 of Chapter 90 of the N.C. Gen. Stat. who is registered in accordance with N.C. Gen. Stat. § 93D-3(c)(16), or a licensee of the Board who has been approved as a sponsor of an apprentice. ?(1969, c. 999; 2011-311, s. 1; 2013-410, s. 32.5(a).)
Terms Used In North Carolina General Statutes 93D-1
- state: when applied to the different parts of the United States, shall be construed to extend to and include the District of Columbia and the several territories, so called; and the words "United States" shall be construed to include the said district and territories and all dependencies. See North Carolina General Statutes 12-3