Iowa Code > Chapter 154A – Hearing Aids
Current as of: 2022 | Check for updates | Other versions
Terms Used In Iowa Code > Chapter 154A - Hearing Aids
- Board: means the board of hearing aid specialists. See Iowa Code 154A.1
- Complaint: A written statement by the plaintiff stating the wrongs allegedly committed by the defendant.
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Department: means the Iowa department of public health. See Iowa Code 154A.1
- Evidence: Information presented in testimony or in documents that is used to persuade the fact finder (judge or jury) to decide the case for one side or the other.
- following: when used by way of reference to a chapter or other part of a statute mean the next preceding or next following chapter or other part. See Iowa Code 4.1
- Fraud: Intentional deception resulting in injury to another.
- Hearing aid: means a wearable instrument or device designed for or offered for the purpose of aiding or compensating for human hearing disorders, and any parts, attachments, or accessories, including earmold, but excluding batteries and cords. See Iowa Code 154A.1
- Hearing aid specialist: means any person engaged in the fitting, dispensing, and sale of hearing aids and providing hearing aid services or maintenance, by means of procedures stipulated by 154A chapter or the board. See Iowa Code 154A.1
- Lease: A contract transferring the use of property or occupancy of land, space, structures, or equipment in consideration of a payment (e.g., rent). Source: OCC
- License: means a license issued by the state under 154A chapter to a hearing aid specialist. See Iowa Code 154A.1
- Misdemeanor: Usually a petty offense, a less serious crime than a felony, punishable by less than a year of confinement.
- Partnership: A voluntary contract between two or more persons to pool some or all of their assets into a business, with the agreement that there will be a proportional sharing of profits and losses.
- Person: means a natural person. See Iowa Code 154A.1
- sell: means a transfer of title or of the right to use by lease, bailment, or any other means, but excludes a wholesale transaction with a distributor or hearing aid specialist, and excludes the temporary, charitable loan or educational loan of a hearing aid without remuneration. See Iowa Code 154A.1
- Signature: includes an electronic signature as defined in section 554D. See Iowa Code 4.1
- State: means a state, territory, or possession of the United States, the District of Columbia, or the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico. See Iowa Code 152E.3
- Temporary permit: means a permit issued while the applicant is in training to become a licensed hearing aid specialist. See Iowa Code 154A.1
- year: means twelve consecutive months. See Iowa Code 4.1