|§ 120-295||Creation and membership of the Joint Legislative Oversight Committee on the North Carolina State Lottery|
|§ 120-296||Purpose and powers of Committee|
|§ 120-297||Organization of Committee|
|§ 120-298||Reports to Committee|
Terms Used In North Carolina General Statutes > Chapter 120 > Article 34
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- following: when used by way of reference to any section of a statute, shall be construed to mean the section next preceding or next following that in which such reference is made; unless when some other section is expressly designated in such reference. See North Carolina General Statutes 12-3
- Joint committee: Committees including membership from both houses of teh legislature. Joint committees are usually established with narrow jurisdictions and normally lack authority to report legislation.
- Oversight: Committee review of the activities of a Federal agency or program.
- President pro tempore: A constitutionally recognized officer of the Senate who presides over the chamber in the absence of the Vice President. The President Pro Tempore (or, "president for a time") is elected by the Senate and is, by custom, the Senator of the majority party with the longest record of continuous service.
- Quorum: The number of legislators that must be present to do business.
- state: when applied to the different parts of the United States, shall be construed to extend to and include the District of Columbia and the several territories, so called; and the words "United States" shall be construed to include the said district and territories and all dependencies. See North Carolina General Statutes 12-3