|23-46||Unlawful to solicit claims of creditors in proceedings|
|23-47||Violation of preceding section a misdemeanor|
Terms Used In North Carolina General Statutes > Chapter 23 > Article 6
- Bankruptcy: Refers to statutes and judicial proceedings involving persons or businesses that cannot pay their debts and seek the assistance of the court in getting a fresh start. Under the protection of the bankruptcy court, debtors may discharge their debts, perhaps by paying a portion of each debt. Bankruptcy judges preside over these proceedings.
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Joint resolution: A legislative measure which requires the approval of both chambers.
- Misdemeanor: Usually a petty offense, a less serious crime than a felony, punishable by less than a year of confinement.
- property: shall include all property, both real and personal. See North Carolina General Statutes 12-3