|§ 95-102||Certain payments to and agreements to pay labor organizations unlawful|
|§ 95-103||Acceptance of such payments unlawful|
Terms Used In North Carolina General Statutes > Chapter 95 > Article 13
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- labor organization: means any organization of any kind, or any agency or employee representation committee or plan, in which employee or employees participate and which exists for the purpose in whole or in part, of dealing with employers concerning grievances, labor disputes, wages, rates of pay, hours of employment, or conditions of work. See North Carolina General Statutes 95-101
- Misdemeanor: Usually a petty offense, a less serious crime than a felony, punishable by less than a year of confinement.
- Partnership: A voluntary contract between two or more persons to pool some or all of their assets into a business, with the agreement that there will be a proportional sharing of profits and losses.
- property: shall include all property, both real and personal. See North Carolina General Statutes 12-3