Terms Used In North Dakota Code > Chapter 30-16 - Homestead Exemption and Allowance
- children: includes children by birth and by adoption. See North Dakota Code 1-01-18
- Decedent: A deceased person.
- following: when used by way of reference to a chapter or other part of a statute means the next preceding or next following chapter or other part. See North Dakota Code 1-01-49
- Liabilities: The aggregate of all debts and other legal obligations of a particular person or legal entity.
- Person: means an individual, organization, government, political subdivision, or government agency or instrumentality. See North Dakota Code 1-01-49
- Property: includes property, real and personal. See North Dakota Code 1-01-49
- Real property: Land, and all immovable fixtures erected on, growing on, or affixed to the land.
- State: when applied to the different parts of the United States, includes the District of Columbia and the territories. See North Dakota Code 1-01-49