(A) Except as provided in division (B) of this section and section 3109.052 of the Revised Code, a mediator shall not make a report, assessment, evaluation, recommendation, finding, or other communication regarding a mediation to a court, department, agency, or officer of this state or its political subdivisions that may make a ruling on the dispute that is the subject of the mediation.
Terms Used In Ohio Code 2710.06
- Settlement: Parties to a lawsuit resolve their difference without having a trial. Settlements often involve the payment of compensation by one party in satisfaction of the other party's claims.
- state: means the state of Ohio. See Ohio Code 1.59
(B) A mediator may disclose any of the following:
(1) Whether the mediation occurred or has terminated, whether a settlement was reached, and attendance;
(2) A mediation communication as permitted by section 2710.05 of the Revised Code;
(3) A mediation communication evidencing abuse, neglect, abandonment, or exploitation of an individual to a public agency responsible for protecting individuals against abuse, neglect, abandonment, or exploitation.
(C) A communication made in violation of division (A) of this section shall not be considered by a court, administrative agency, or arbitrator.