(1) The State Registrar of the Center for Health Statistics shall designate for each county a government employee or, to the extent allowed under state and federal law, an employee of a local public health authority as defined in ORS 431.003, to act as a county registrar. In consultation with the state registrar, each county registrar may designate one or more deputy county registrars. The county registrar shall be sufficiently positioned within the county and have sufficient contact with deputy county registrars to ensure compliance with this chapter and rules adopted under this chapter.
Terms Used In Oregon Statutes 432.035
- Complaint: A written statement by the plaintiff stating the wrongs allegedly committed by the defendant.
- Live birth: means the complete expulsion or extraction from its mother of a product of human conception, irrespective of the duration of pregnancy, that, after such expulsion or extraction, breathes or shows any other evidence of life such as beating of the heart, pulsation of the umbilical cord or definite movement of voluntary muscles, whether or not the umbilical cord has been cut or the placenta is attached. See Oregon Statutes 432.005
- Person: includes individuals, corporations, associations, firms, partnerships, limited liability companies and joint stock companies. See Oregon Statutes 174.100
- Report: means a document, whether in paper or electronic format, containing information related to a vital event submitted by a person required to submit the information to the state registrar for the purpose of registering a vital event. See Oregon Statutes 432.005
- State: includes a state or territory of the United States, the District of Columbia and New York City. See Oregon Statutes 432.005
(2) The county and deputy county registrars shall:
(a) Comply with all instructions of the state registrar;
(b) Check upon the compliance of others with the provisions of this chapter and with rules adopted under this chapter; and
(c) Make an immediate report to the state registrar of any violation of this chapter or of a rule adopted under this chapter coming to their notice by observation, upon complaint of a person or otherwise.
(3) The Oregon Health Authority, after taking into consideration county needs, shall adopt rules under which a county registrar may issue certified copies of records of live births or deaths that occur in the county within six months of the date of the live birth or death. [Amended by 1983 c.709 § 5; 1985 c.207 § 3; 1997 c.783 § 5; 2013 c.366 § 7; 2015 c.736 § 75]
[Amended by 1983 c.709 § 28; repealed by 2013 c.366 § 88]
[Amended by 1971 c.16 § 1; 1983 c.709 § 29; repealed by 1997 c.783 § 48]
[Amended by 1983 c.709 § 30; repealed by 1997 c.783 § 48]
[Repealed by 1973 c.829 § 71]
[1961 c.191 2,3; 1983 c.709 § 31; 2005 c.342 § 1; 2009 c.595 § 610; renumbered 413.196 in 2013]