Terms Used In South Carolina Code 12-21-4060
- Department: means the South Carolina Department of Revenue. See South Carolina Code 12-21-3920
- game: means a specific game of chance, commonly known as bingo, in which prizes are awarded on the basis of designated numbers or symbols on a card conforming to numbers and symbols selected at random. See South Carolina Code 12-21-3920
- person: includes any individual, trust, estate, partnership, receiver, association, company, limited liability company, corporation, or other entity or group; and
(2) "individual" means a human being. See South Carolina Code 12-2-20
- Promoter: means an individual, corporation, partnership, or organization licensed as a professional solicitor by the Secretary of State who is hired by a nonprofit organization to manage, operate, or conduct the licensee's bingo game. See South Carolina Code 12-21-3920
- Statute: A law passed by a legislature.
A person who has been convicted within the last twenty years of violating a state or federal criminal statute relating to gaming or gambling, or who has been convicted of any other crime that has a sentence of two or more years, or where applicable, whose promoter‘s license has been revoked by the department is not permitted to manage or conduct a game or assist in any manner with the bingo operation.